x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Is it time for a second chance?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by macaroni, Aug 27, 2021.

1. macaroni

macaroni Established Member

The question I'm here to present to the class today is...
      "Is it time for a second chance?"

Now I know This will create a great participation of players throwing controversy into the comment section. But I please BEG you to be respectful of others opinions while submitting a comment to your professor Dr. Macaroni (Me). So with that being said, allow me to introduce to you children to the my rules of the post!

- Respect (As seen in the first shown paragraph.)
      - Common Sense
      - Constructive Critism Only (No heated arguments PLEASE)
      - Behave (Don't use any inapropriate/unneccessary/immature wording in your comment.)
      - Proper Sentences Only (We are NOT in Kindergarden anymore.)
      Failure to abide by any of the following rules will result in a comment deletion.

I have high expectations of you all and expect all the rules to be followed to a pristine caliber.
      I know all of you will do very well this semester. Good Luck children!
      "There is no substitute for hard work" - Thomas Edison
      "Don't let what you cannot do interfer with what you can do" - John Wooden

I personally believe as a player who isn't banned on this establishment that an unban all is neccessary for the revival of the server. I believe if an unban all were to take place, the player count may expand to double of how is appears to look now. Now, I personally think we all know by now that the notorious "Noobcrew" (as the average player may call him) bots the server. If you were the read the rules and regulations you would notice... Botting isnt allowed on the server. I personally believe that "Noobcrew" (as the average player may call him) won't have to break the TOS of the server as the player count will be expanded greatly. Yes, I do understand some players are meant to be banned permenantly BUT they may or may not have changed. The risk in my personal opinion would be confidently taken because if the players decide to act up in any way they may be put into jail once again by the Elite "Mineverse" (as the average player may call it) Police Force ("ECPF" as I like to call it). There should presumably be SOME if not MOST players that are removed from the "Purge List" (PL) that shall begin to have a new understanding of the server and respect the TOS of "Mineverse" (as the average player may call it). I see no down-side to this idea taking part on the server. There can even be a celebration event for the players being released from the jail and maybe even a 50% discount sale!

2. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

Hey, I wouldn't"t disagree or agree with an unban all due to seeing indeed the server is quite just ranks on and if "noobcrew bots the server" i dont even know. Indeed an unban all will do such thing increase the people playing. i do miss the 4 tabs of people playing and like getting smoked in pvp with all the little tricks to get away and stuff like that. BUT, and yes you proper english people never start a sentence with "but". well guess what i did so stiff my butt. i dont really care. The main question is why do people hack in general? Thats the reason of a ban due to unfair play. thats why we have such a stong hard working mod team as we do now. Also some people have been banned for ban/mute evasion. Stay out of other peoples business. People need to understand their own ignorance to hack or to be nosy. You can defiantly discuss a ban one on one, why have an army for a ban appeal. Why does an unban all or an unban have to happen in the first place if people cant even play the game straight outright. In my regards, the main problem is the anticheat. New players come in and they don't read the server descriptions cause who reads descriptions clearly states its 1.8- 1.17 server but is it really though? ive tested multiple times using later versions 1.16 and higher, people join for example kitpvp the most unoccupied thing on the server as of now and use the be jammed packed. the anti cheat kicks you for flying cause of the dang launch plates out of spawn to the pvp zone. I mean how pathetic is it not only that, there is block glitching where someone gets stuck on a slab, block or stairs. The most annoying thing though seriously need to be looked at hit glitching from in a fight. Hit glitching happens because high cps (clicks per second) to prevent kill aura and other hacks around that. I pvp on 7cps average cause i dont pvp much and also people have developed this thing called "drag clicking". I go in a fight with them all they do is destroy me but there are times these "drag clickers" cant even damage be cause of the anti cheat thinking its kill aura. sometimes the anti cheat thinks even my 7 cps is to slow so it just stops me from dealing damage and wants me to die faster. Personally i dont quite mind fighting drag click people cause its another challenge but common this anti cheat is seriously the main problem. Well im gonna stop this rant peace stay safe, hydrate and wear a mask the pandemic is still not over.

3. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

No support. There's other ways of growing our player count than bringing back old hackers and people who constantly caused the server enough trouble to be perm banned. Hypixel has banned hundreds of thousands of players and look at their playercount. It's not our only option for growth.

4. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Another server that was dying a while back did an unban all (a very popular server that lost to Hypickel... some of you may know it starts with a mine and ends with a plex). However, it did nothing to save the player base and they are still losing players to this day. Overall, it's risky to do an unban all. This server had on average 30,000 players in its glory days, yet now they have about 300 (I just checked rn). I am sure there are other reasons this server is failing, but it is clear that an unban all did not help. Therefore, looking at this example, Mineverse should consider fixing the problems to attract new and old players.

With this being said, I am slightlyyy curious to see what would happen with an unban all lol, whether there would be a bunch of new players, hackers, etc. BUT I think the server should work to improve itself rather than fall to an unban all.

5. Vill

Vill Established Member

No support.
      Even though a lot of cheaters/exploiters are changed and dont cheat anymore. It's not certain that they'll come back and play on the server. Then again, there's the people who will only cheat again.

It would probably raise the player count a little bit but like @Tonya said, there are other ways of improving the server.

6. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

An unban all would 100% revive the server to a certain extent, but that revival would also break the server. All of the hackers, booters, alts, doxers, every sort of rule breaker will return, may not be straight away but they will once they find out an unban all has been commenced.

I don't play anymore but doesn't mean I don't want what is best for the server and the staff and an unban all isn't the way to go. People still cheat till this day, I would suggest the staff to actually enforce new fresh rules, new plugins, work on building a new and more committed staff team alongside actually advertising the server with worth-while trailer videos, slideshows or other ways of advertising and for the love of god a working anti cheat that has been the most wanted thing since the server launched.

If an unban all was to ever happen, make sure the server is stable enough to handle it because we all know the KOTH event didn't go so well as well as the other events.

7. Atom

Atom Boss Member

hell no lmao

8. DeathAuras

DeathAuras Experienced Member

Giant no support, reasons stated above, this topic has been touched too many times idk why people still think that unbanning hackers and doxers are a good idea.

9. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

No support. I would have agreed with this a few years ago but too much time has passed. The players who are likely to have changed their ways are likely not wanting to rejoin the server as it has been years and most have likely quit MC as a whole by now. The only people an unban all would bring now are the ones that should never be allowed back.

10. macaroni

macaroni Established Member

Hey everyone! I have read all of your feedback and for the most part am very pleased with the results I have been getting. However I would like you all to ignore deathauras comment as it is only ONE sentence long which is completely unacceptable for the standards I have for all of you. I hope we move past this snowflake (as I will call him) and continue to provide great feedback to my post.

Thank you all,
      Prof. Macaroni

11. Plouuuuuuuu

Plouuuuuuuu Active Member

Cause those were the people that played the server and spent money on it.

12. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

is so spending money on the server why do you have to hack in the first place