x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Bedwars Bedwars Revamp Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Robo, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

I was playing bedwars today as there were enough people online, and I noticed many things currently wrong with the gamemode. The trades are completely broken, needing to make brick blocks from the drops in order to bridge across to other islands. Additionally, you can't trade for weapons or tools, so you have to fist people into the void in order to get a kill, and break brick blocks that others use to protect their beds with your bare hands to destroy other teams' beds.

I looked at forums to see how many others agreed, and I was surprised to see that no one was talking about this so I decided that a thread should be made for a possible revamp. There are plenty of new players who join Bedwars every day, but they leave after a minute after seeing that the gamemode is broken. The goal is to keep them playing as more and more people join and eventually lobbies will always have enough players on.

After talking with despairings, an old-time player of bedwars on mv, I asked him on how Bedwars could be improved on MV, and he told me he would ask his friend, who is also an old bedwars player, to give suggestions, and here's the response he gave after being asked what could fix the bedwars gamemode:
      improvements.PNG
      improvements2.PNG

Bedwars needs significant attention along with many other gamemodes on Mineverse. The gamemode is currently not playable and we need to talk with the long-time players in order to find solutions.

Summary of Bedwars revamp ideas:

Fix Trades -

The villager who's supposed to do trades for tools, weapons and armour does not appear at all, leaving you to have to make brick blocks with the bricks that drop on the ground in order to bridge to the center and other teams.

Add more cosmetic perks that can be rewarded from challenges - The suggestion that was given by the bedwars players I talked with.

Fix perks/permissions to ranks - Add commands to ranked players. Currently ranks are not rewarded on all MV gamemodes and this can be fixed by giving them perks such as trails or commands such as /me.

New maps -
      A fresh start should include many new maps, build competitions should be hosted or the monthly competitions should be utilized to allow the community to make new maps.

A small revamp of this gamemode could easily allow it to maintain a good amount of players each day, and will help Mineverse in general. I understand that this is not a priority right now with the Infection revamp, but at least the plugin needs to be fixed so that people can play normally.

2. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Support, bedwars is one of many game modes that needs a revamp. It is seen that bedwars is extremely popular in other servers and can attract many people, so some updates would be great.

3. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Everything here excluding maps (because I'm a dev not a builder wtf) is in the works already, slowly yes but it'll get there. It started as a big project already and continues to get bigger with the ideas we had planned so reworking it takes time.

4. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support!
      That's awesome to hear! Hopefully it can really stand out as a gamemode when its ready

5. Rhinolary

Rhinolary Established Member

Yeah, support. Very needed from what I can tell. Something else that could also be changed is adding the map names to the map selector, instead of going off a list that you need to do a parkour to get to. I don't really see many people going out there to get information on what the maps are.
      Adding the other information to other places could also help, like what about when BW becomes more popular and not many hints get shown before game begin? That information may be lost to people.

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Could you elaborate on that? I don't recall making it so you have to do parkour to find out map names to vote on. I will say that the plugin is quite broken now so a feature that may happen now probably is intended to be that way which is why I'm working on fixing but since I'm solo doing this and other things of course also get in my way it's not very pretty lol. You should be able to see the map names when voting for a map via /vote or in the map selector before a game starts. The parkour is really only there to get daily experience from a sign at the end of it and to help you not be bored while waiting (but that only lasts so long for the second reason). If you do wish to message me with lists of bedwars ideas you may have that are not straight up copying a certain popular server we all know then by all means uniqueness is accepted.

7. Rhinolary

Rhinolary Established Member

upload_2021-9-22_13-28-17.png
      This is all that's in the map voter, same names in /vote, /maps isn't a thing, so the only way to see the maps is through the long parkour
      upload_2021-9-22_13-33-45.png

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    8. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Ah this is just because bedwars is really broken sorry about that, but that tells me enough that I should get a move on. That was likely setup as a "temporary" solution (not by me but not sure why it's at the end of the parkour honestly) for you guys to know the map names to still be able to vote on the map you want.