x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Inactive robosmith10's Moderator Re-application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Robo, Aug 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

INTRO
      Hello everyone, my in-game name is robosmith10 (simply known as Robo) and this is my re-application for mod after I closed my previous one last year due to being busy with other responsibilities. Here's a bit about myself for those who don't know me: I'm a huge infection and skyblock player; I want to help improve the server, and work with the community and staff in order to enhance the player experience of Mineverse.

I have been meaning to reapply for a long time, however now that I have enough time to be consistently active I believe that it's the right moment. I will keep this application more brief than my previous one, as many of you already know who I am and to keep it less boring with unnecessary information.
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In-game name:

My in-game name is robosmith10.

Timezone

Australian Eastern Standard Time

What country do you live in?

I live in Australia.

What languages do you speak?

I am fluent in English & Greek.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      Yes, I use OBS to record, YouTube to upload and Imgur for screenshots.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

The reason I want to become a moderator is because I believe many changes are needed on this server. As someone who has played for a very long time, I have many ideas I'd like to suggest to the higher staff as well as talk to people who play certain gamemodes to find out what they would like implemented in order to bring in more players, and relay it to those who have the power to make the necessary changes. This is only possible if I join the staff team so I can talk to the higher ups easily and relay the needs of the community. An effective mod also needs to know the rules in-depth and be able to enforce them should the situation arise, both of which I can do.

Next, one other reason I believe I should be mod includes having clear communication with other staff members and players; speaking my mind on issues the server faces in order to find solutions, I am knowledgeable on the rules; being able to handle specific situations using the rule-book and intuition should the situation be more complicated. I can also answer a variety of in-depth questions about the server and I am dedicated to improving the user experience of this server.

This server means a lot to me, as I grew up playing it and I'd like to give back to the community through joining the staff team and helping find ways to make the server better. I have recently been talking to players on a few gamemodes such as survival about ways to improve the server, and the general consensus seems to be a negative opinion towards the staff, and I'd like to bridge that gap by addressing their concerns and listening to what they would like out of the server through mediation.

Additionally, there are no current Australian mods, and I can fill that timeframe which mods from other timezones are unable to be online, which is beneficial for the server as a whole.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

I can be fairly active on most days and more so on the weekend. I can't say an unrealistic amount of time as I have a lot of studying to do for school and other responsibilities, however, I am able to be on the forums and discord very often. If there's need however I am willing to become much more active in-game in order to fulfill what is needed by a mod. I also don't expect to be going away any time soon with the lockdowns here, so I will be consistently active for the foreseeable future.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been part of the Mineverse community for since November of 2013, although I joined the forums in 2016.

What punishments have you received in the past 9 months? (Forums & In-game)

I have not received any punishments in the past 9 months.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I have been a moderator of the MCInfected Discord and Minecraft server. (Message me for proof as I do not want to advertise it on here), which has given me experience in dealing with player reports and handling punishments. I don't have any other experience as mod, although I know all of the basic commands that are needed through being op on some non serious servers with friends.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No

Do you have 50 Post Count? Yes

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up? Yes

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums? Yes

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication? Yes, my username on Discord is robosmith10#5924
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      Thank you very much for your consideration.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    2. Rhinolary

Rhinolary Established Member

Support Heavily active in the Discord, seems to have good ideas and care for the community.

3. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thank you!

4. IamLambda

IamLambda Established Member

no support

5. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, is there anything you'd like me to improve on?

6. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

Absolutely support! You are dedicated to fixing this server. Your suggestions do not go unnoticed and you clearly care for the community.

7. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thank you for your support!

8. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Support. Robo is (in my opinion) the most passionate person towards this server, and he constantly provides suggestions to improve many gamemodes. While I haven't seen him in-game, mainly due to me almost exclusively playing survival and living on the opposite side of the world, he is very active in discord and on forums. I'm sure he will be a great mod and hopefully will be able to improve the server.

9. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Wow thank you for that, I hope I can live up to your expectations! I'll try to see if I can find you online next time I'm on survival :D

10. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thank you for the support Cwes, I'll definitely work on being more active in-game.

@Swift Thanks for your rating, is there anything else you'd like me to improve on other than what Cwes said?

11. dune

dune Active Member

Boi ain't no way boi. -_- Boi ain't no way.
      Anyways its a 100% support.
      - Friendly
      - Smart
      - Dedicated
      - Active however expand a little bit more because I don't think many op/kit players know you.
      "Additionally, there are no current Australian mods, and I can fill that timeframe which mods from other timezones are unable to be online, which is beneficial for the server as a whole."
      ^ Is a very interesting approach that I don't think I've ever seen in any mod app so +1 for thinking outside the box.

Very good app and will wait for this to be accepted in the coming staff team promotion.

ps. Robo <3

12. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thank you Dune! <3

13. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

Support

14. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support!

15. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

support :)

16. Andrew475

Andrew475 Well-Known Member Premium

Support!

17. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thank you!
      Thanks Andrew! Nice to see you again

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    18. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Duh obvious support. I don't even have to state my reasons

19. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Thanks Atom <3

20. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

@Skrown Thanks for rating, is there anything specific you'd like me to improve on?

21. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

Support

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.