x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Bots

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by Vill, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Vill

Vill Established Member

Whats with all the bots on the server? There are often 2-5 players online that just stand at spawn doing nothing. And they're holding the create a skyblock book. Sometimes new ones appear with different names. This is less of an issue and more of an annoyance. They all join at once as i've seen it multiple times.

Is it to make it look like there are more players online than there actually is? If thats the case, they are very lazily used. Place them outside of the spawnpoint. Like, a couple blocks is enough. Make them invisible, that'll do the trick. Now, as I said it's not really an issue. It's an annoyance.

Attached Files:

2. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Yeah there are a bunch of bots in various servers, mainly creative, skyblock, survival, and parkour, but I've seen them in others too. I haven't been on a lot recently, but for about a month now I'd estimate over 10 players online have just been bots sitting afk in various spawns. I'm pretty sure they're owned by the same person as I've seen them all log on to various servers right after the proxy resets all one after another, so it's probably someone trying to make it look like the player count is higher than it actually is. I agree they need to be moved outside of spawn (if they absolutely need to be on in the first place) since it's distracting and off-putting, but especially in parkour they shouldn't be on at all since they get in the way of new players trying to do the first stage but every time they respawn all they can see is the interior of a bot's skin.

3. Vill

Vill Established Member

It's definetley done automatically as it's borderline impossible to time them joining right at the same time with only 1 mouse pointer.

4. VelcroStraps

VelcroStraps Established Member

If it's like that then yeah its gonna be annoying, someone joins, literally in a body. I agree with this.

5. Vill

Vill Established Member

Especially not very fun for new players to see people afk at spawn. Doesn't give a very good first impression. :/

6. BrotherCognizant

BrotherCognizant Established Member

yeah this server uses bots like crazy theres like 2 real players on at a time, its rly embarrassing