x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • RIP mineverse

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by Alon, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Alon

Alon Active Member

I logged on on minecraft today and realized that mineverse only has 30 players. Idk what path mineverse took but clearly not a good one. At this point Mineverse will be gone and we will see it coming

2. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

so dramatic like some damn thanos quote lmfao

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    3. Alon

Alon Active Member

Properly dramatic, if not, under dramatic. A server that's been on here since 2014 and has been doing well for 7 years to suddenly die out is dramatic enough

4. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I think I can claim that I have one of the highest playtimes on Mineverse out of anybody and that I'm a dedicated player so I hate to see the server with low player counts. I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that the server has had a recent drop of activity. I think the significant player count drop has something to do with a major update to any game mode hasn't happened since the new year. With this being said, I think there is an update coming in the near future ;) that will increase the player count.

5. Alon

Alon Active Member

I'd like to think that way too, but update doesn't mean good. There are some updates that can revive mineverse like an infection update or a prison update, but especially the pvp gamemodes like Kit-PvP or OP-PvP because it's about time. Otherwise, I doubt mineverse will have an update that will revive it.

A few things that can bring back a few people are seasons. Basically every big server now a days have seasons, and each season everything resets. New maps, exciting/unique things, etc. Kit-PvP and OP-PvP are repetitive, because it's been the same thing for many years without any update/change at the very least.

Admins, Head-Admins, Managers and Owners just act like regular moderators. Trying to keep the gameplay clean from cheaters, rule-breakers etc... That is one of the major reasons mineverse is going down. If you look in the introductions/farewells category, you will notice that half of them, if not, slightly more farewells than introductions.

Admins+ should focus more on content updates rather than making the gameplay smooth. Of course if there is a major bug, they should get on it as soon as possible, but other than that, that's why moderators are a thing.

6. BleuClaire

BleuClaire Established Member

It has nothing to do with updates to the gamemodes themselves. It's the anticheat, they have a decent anticheat it false kicks a little bit, if they fix that they can make it so it autobans and it wouldn't be full of cheaters anymore. I get that randomized autoclickers are hard to detect but you can use an autoclicker that has exact intervals of 50ms between clicks and not get kicked.

The most false bans come from the killaura aspect of the anticheat so if they disable that one and make it so the other ones autoban. They just gotto make the anticheat slightly less sensible and it would be perfect.

+ if all the high donators that are stacked on items could stop killing people who just joined the server it would help alot aswell.

7. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

I do not think making the anticheat autoban would be a good decision due to the fact that it is buggy at times. You mention that they should disable the killaura part of the anticheat... yeah, I don't think that's a good idea either. The only thing that is messed up with the anticheat is trying to blockhit while swinging and getting the bug where you cant hit them anymore.

8. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

Once a server that used to have a lot of players drops dramatically in popularity, it is very hard to gain such traction back despite valiant efforts on behalf of whoever decides to put some effort in. Case and point; Minetime (there are some less dramatic examples such as Mineplex which still pull thousands of players, but not nearly as many as they used to).

9. Alon

Alon Active Member

Nah mineplex only has hundreds now. It's dead.

10. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

Yeah i understand but mineverse sometimes has like 5 people on kit for a month then the next month is a constant 2-3 rows [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    11. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

pepepepepepepepepepeppepepepepepepepepe

12. Pitato

Pitato Active Member

all well ends well

13. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

That's what we thought at the start of last year too and the server exploded for a little while. It's possible for it to make a comeback and for years there's been talks of the server dying and it hasn't so far. We shouldn't give up on it until Noobcrew does.

14. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Parkour wont die until i hit 200k jumps

15. Alon

Alon Active Member

He needs to fix infection.

16. DeathAuras

DeathAuras Experienced Member

elaborate on "fix"

17. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

200k jumps is rookie numbers

18. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

another revamp? Maybe more prestige's and better rewards?

19. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

He needs to delete every single server except infection. Infection supremacy. Literally the most fun game in the world even outside of Minecraft.

• Like Like x 1
    20. BleuClaire

BleuClaire Established Member

for oppvp: remove /heal all from titans cause that is so overpowered and it has been for a while, there's so many threads about it, I have titan myself and I don't care that people paid 250$. The 250$ is a donation and they can always replace /heal with something else game changing but less overpowered. Maybe a /kit sharpness40 every 2weeks or something. Like I don't get it. I looked it up there's so many threads about removing /heal all yet no action has been taken. If you started listening to the community maybe just maybe the server would get more players. Instead of being stuck in the 2013 version of oppvp. People have gotten better at /healing and at macroing it's just not fun anymore and it's so overpowered.

EDIT:
      I might just make a suggestion thread with everything I personally think needs to be changed.

there's so much stuff, faster replies to support tickets or in other words MORE STAFF!! There's so many people willing to help out the server yet only 20 inactive players have staff rank (not all of them). There's just too much work for the current staff team/the server is understaffed for the amount of stuff. Better anticheat, more advertising, ...

If you don't have time to run a server then make someone co-owner who does. I'm not telling you to sell your server, but you need someone higher up that's fully invested IF you want to save the server.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021