x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • what were your initial thoughts of hearing about COVID-19 when it first was a thing in it's origin?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ferras, Jan 12, 2021.

1. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Ohh okay, yeah I heard the US is pretty bad.

2. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

well in that case, we won't be out of quarantine anytime soon :)
      yeah here people believe masks take away their rights! it's saddening for the people who actually are being affected by this

3. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

I was sick for about 2 weeks from a really bad common flu, scared the living hell out of me because I thought I had it. I go to the gym religiously and they pretty much closed down for almost a year, it was painful.

4. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

well i was upset for my cereal chips and ramen being out so i guess we can say we are polar opposites
      also can you give me my hacked armor from 2013 back thank you

5. Atom

Atom Boss Member

Thought it was gonna be a short term thing but boy was I wrong.

6. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Y'all thought it was a joke? I got stocked and ready immediately
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

so were we all son
      ... is this survival?

8. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

I always knew it was going to end up like this. It's been a while since something like this has happened so it was only a matter of time. With the number of Karens and how low common sense and basic human decency has fallen in the past few decades, it was easy to predict that most people who ignore the warnings and government measures.

Then we have those "TikTok celebrities" making memes about coughing on people, encouraging children(low IQ people as well) to do the same. All the "influencers" encouraging people to ignore government measures and telling people to attend "COVID parties" to actually try and get the virus.

America was going to get it bad. With all the democrat party-backed media like CNN and CBS trying to manipulate people into voting for Democrats by saying Ebola was an extinction-level event, America never had a chance when it came to an actual threat. The Trump administration tried to put measures into place before it'd be a problem in the USA but the Democrats stalled them at every turn so they could say "Look this virus has killed nearly 400,000 people under Trump's leadership".

In the UK, we have those "roadmen" who are all unemployed 16-40-year-old men who do nothing all day but walked around on the street threatening the elderly and children at knifepoint and getting high.

9. athyrix

athyrix Active Member

6D0C3845-2320-4570-A80C-8BFCB9613E5C.jpeg
      around 2 weeks before national lockdown? i put this on my private story and it did not age well

10. eunice

eunice Experienced Member

lmao honestly at first when i heard about it in dec 2019 i didn't think much of it, but my dad took it hella serious and bought loads of masks (we also had boxes of masks stacked at home because of an event we held in summer 2019). anyhow we started quarantining in late january here. it was super chaotic because our country also had loads of protests going on and people jus weren't taking corona seriously. but when everything got serious and litearlly people were buying out masks as well as TISSUE.

[​IMG]

everything got serious real quick and i was thankful our family had loads of masks lmao

11. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

yeah i mean some people overdid it by getting plenty of tissues like the woman did. it was obvious that they were going to restock soon enough yk - masks were a booming product and an unexpected product to boom in 2020 lol. also just out of curiousity, why is it i see people in places like japan or china wear masks even before this all happened? i know some wear for fashion, but others don't. this could be a stupid question and i apologize.
      our society is doomed to fail in the us, it's quite frightening considered what just happened at the capital recently. people have very odd beliefs and statements about the us, the virus, and so much more which just hardens this whole situation sadly. yeah youtubers such as nelk make you wonder what our society will be like in the future.
      hahahah "did not age well" your mum could've saved you for all you know
      my whole family plus best friend got it. pretty scary but they had no symptoms whatsoever

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    12. Perc

Perc Active Member

lmao i got the virus

13. bobalatte

bobalatte Administrator Administrator Premium Premium

Aw :( I hope you’re all good now <3

14. Perc

Perc Active Member

idk if i have it anymore but im fine lol

15. eunice

eunice Experienced Member

this is actually a really good question and i never really thought much of it LMFAO but ur asking a good q.

but basically i guess in more chinese / asian countries? we wear masks when we're feeling 'sick' or 'unwell' to prevent from causing people around us to be sick. like growing up, unless i was SUPER SUPER SICK i never missed a day of school. even if i had a cold etc. it was kinda jus expected for us to wear masks and go to school if that makes sense. so it was super common to see someone whos feeling under the weather jus wearing a mask at school

but ever since entering like secondary schooling (my school is a british international school), i realise that its like OKAY to not go to school if we're sick ??? like our school literally has a policy that if you are 'sick enough to wear a mask' then you shouldn't be going to school, which was super weird for me because prior to secondary school i was so used to jus still going to school wearing a mask when im sick.

but yeah i guess its jus kinda our difference in norms, it's pretty common in chinese / asian countries to wear masks when you're sick / have a cold / fever etc and go out to school / work whereas i guess with westerners (at least to my knowledge) it's not that common- like in general before corona i don't think i've really ever seen any of my friends / teachers wearing masks

((i hope that answers your question lmao i might be wrong but at least thats how things are in where i live)

• Like Like x 1
    16. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

well certainly explains a lot but it was what i thought. just wanted to be sure / thank you

17. GBGBGB13

GBGBGB13 Active Member

I just remember being in my College, when the teacher announced that there would be no in-person class tomorrow, or for the rest of the foreseeable future. I was depressed.

18. GBGBGB13

GBGBGB13 Active Member

That isn't half of it, as in California, the lockdown happened when I was just about to take a job interview, that if I aced, would have netted me 25 dollars per hour.