x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Creative Expanse Creative Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yehs, Sep 26, 2020.

1. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

At one point in time, creative was one of the largest branches of Mineverse. However, over time the player base died down, plugins weren't kept up to date, etc, and unfortunately with that creative is no longer as it one was. There are many threads that go through some ideas and I'll link them at the end, but these are my ideas which combine to provide what I think would be a very strong creative server. Solid creative servers these days are in short supply with the ones who do the very best job averaging 150+ players peak with 50+ during the worst times. The impact would be great on Mineverse if done well.

Over the last few months there have been creative updates. However, I personally feel like they don't cover enough and still leave a lot of things uncovered. I will detail more thorough updates in this thread that the recent updates don't cover.

In this thread there will be a series of suggestions for building in Minecraft which benefit the "building" element of the creative server. This impacts builders coming to Mineverse, another thing to do on the server, quality and quantity of Infection/Skywars maps and more community input when it comes to lobbies, competitions, etc. The will also be suggestions for creative in general. This allows the game-play to be smoother and many of the ideas in this section have been suggested over time on Mineverse however I'll try my best to keep away from previously suggested ideas in this thread.

WorldEdit
      As of when this was made, Mineverse is running their world edit on FAWE. FAWE stands for Fast Async WorldEdit and is designed to be a faster, smoother and lighter WorldEdit primarily for servers. It was myself and Rythen who suggested to Crew for FAWE to be added a couple years back and I still believe that FAWE is way stronger than having the FAWE than the original world edit. However, the way it was implemented could've been improved. The block limit, limitations on what blocks may be used blocks, lack of access to brushes and the removal of patterns such as #simplex are some of the small features that could be implemented simply due to the way we have FAWE. With old WorldEdit, these were necessary to stop people from lagging out the server or glitching blocks onto the road, but now it's not necessary simply because we have FAWE. The difference some of these make is exponential and more people would be building on the server as sometimes it's simply too much of a hassle to build on creative here.
      The second part of this is that I believe WorldEdit should be available for everyone. I understand that in the past many people said it should remain a perk for titan only as they're short on commands and I agreed at a point but not anymore. Everyone should get world edit, people who are new to the server can go about their stuff more often and it doesn't get in the way of people who play Mineverse more and try to get early votes, vote together, try to obtain keys, etc.

In addition, FAWE allows for the use of schematics. I believe this part of FAWE should be introduced to Mineverse. It allows players to save their builds of course, move them between different Mineverse Creative servers and re-use them on other servers or their private ones. This may be in my opinion one of the most unlikely parts of my suggestions to be added but with that I still believe strongly. In my opinion it's just a stronger copy + paste command (copy + paste already on creative). The commands of FAWE schematics are:

[​IMG]

Voxel Sniper, goBrush, goPaint
      These commands work similarly to WorldEdit but all have their differences. Voxel Sniper is the closest to WorldEdit in the sense of how it can be used for multiple things. From someone who knows both quite well, I will almost always use WorldEdit for the start of my build and it would serve as a strong starting point and then I'd smoothen everything out with Voxel that's more precise. On Mineverse, you have to use your hands. It's just time consuming and repetitive and why even bother when there's other places where it can all be done a lot faster.

Link for the Voxel Sniper plugin's page.

goBrush and goPaint are a bit different. Certain items (In this case an arrow and flint) open up a menu and this allows the player to customize what the brush will do. The menu's look like the following:

[​IMG]

goBrush is a tool which allows users to spawn in mountains, craters, ranges and hills that are already pre built at custom heights and intensities while goPaint allows people to choose a block or gradient and colour their terrain by using paint tools such as splatter, disc, gradient and more to cover blocks. In general they make terraforming a lot simpler and faster and intrigues people to try them out or help with a different type of build. I myself have used these and this has allowed me to make all three of the terrains in the screenshot below in only 1-2 1/2 hours.

[​IMG]
      This is the sort of things we can expect from Mineverse with these commands. They benefit all aspects of building including smaller maps, houses and mini-games.

Link for the goBrush's plugin page and the goPaint's plugin page

Heads, Blocks and Furniture
      For a small while, creative had very strong head and furniture plugins, however, they got removed for whatever reason. Heads are always a great part of building, you can be creative with them and although I've never used much furniture myself they seemed to be an interesting concept.

[​IMG]
      Unlike the furniture plugin, the heads one is still on creative. However, I believe everyone do not have permissions to use the commands. The furniture commands still get broadcasted which I've seen cause some confusion. The broadcast states use /furniture list but if the command is typed it just responds with the vanilla response of unknown command.

As for blocks, this one has not been on Mineverse previously.

[​IMG]
      That many represents the idea that I'm suggesting. It contains mushroom blocks, double slabbed blocks, tree trunks and barriers which are all command which can be put in through world edit. However, I like the idea of /blocks or something of the like just due to the fact that these blocks are familiar to people and the accessibility of them through a menu of some sort is just generally nicer.

Plots
      Firstly, the number of plots that you get per person. Right now the way plots work is you need ranks. The amount of plots you can claim is dependent on your rank and the way it is right now on Expanse is the amount that's in black.

Unranked- 1
      Premium- 1 2
      Sponsor- 1 2
      VIP- 1 3
      MVP- 2 3
      Elite- 2 4
      Supreme- 2 4
      God- 4 5
      Titan- 5 7

The blue is what I believe it should be changed to. There was a point where people would upgrade themselves to MVP just for the extra plot, that's no longer the case. With these new additions to creative and others, people would be able to buy another plot for the price of premium which could be tempting for many new players who would join the server. There's always been talk about increasing plot numbers and this is what I believe the best options would be.

Secondly, there are a tonne of features that you can't do on plots here. Some that I believe are the most notable include /plot time, /plot weather and /plot motd. This benefits the customisation of plots and it's simple that the weather or time can dramatically change how a plot appears.

Creative Expanse, Creative Basics
      I can see what was the goal of this idea and how it's laid out but since it rolled in I have felt like the ideas are slightly forced. Names that I feel like would be more adequate would be simply Creative and then Original Creative or something among those lines. Just a clear separation between the old and the new creative.

[​IMG]
      Although it includes this, I believe even a npc/portal at spawn for either one which takes you to the other one would be a nice little touch. The way it says beginners and large builds just doesn't seem to be the most adequate names although I do understand them I just feel like something that clearly emphasises new / old would be nicer. Especially considering you need to type /creative1 and /creative2 to get to these servers rather than /expanse and /basics or simply /creative to get to expanse.

Extra (May be updated)
      Revamping other game-modes. This might not seem like something that effects creative too heavily, but a few months ago back when a number of infection players (robo, noodle, disc, etc.) were building infection maps and I believe in a month or so 10+ maps were built. There were a number of people on creative and at some times the number peaked past 30 with people on creative. This was all due to infection maps. Lets say there's a competition, infection is peaking and maps are being added and building maps has never been this easy or looked this good. The number of players there will be high.

Nicknaming. Although I see reasons why not to allow nicknames on purely pvp based servers, I don't see a problem with them on creative. With vulgar names being punished like inappropriate pet names and igns, there shouldn't be much of a problem with that and without the whole hassle for mods when handling reports, there won't be as much on creative as on a purely pvp server. If this was to added I could see it as a donor perk for whatever rank seemed fit.

PvP. Although there is /gamemode s on creative you can't pvp while in survival mode. I can't see how this would negatively impact creative, it would also allow people to duel and build places which are particularly for pvp or dueling. Games could also be hosted on creative which involves pvping.

Leaderboards. These are a bit different from the pvp server statistics though. I'm talking about blocks mined, blocks placed, hours spent, etc. If you have any ideas for leaderboards name them in the comments or msg me.

With all that said, I hope we will see a big revamp for creative as it was once one of my main servers. Below are the links to some other suggestions here which I believe will all strongly boost the server along with the ones I've said myself.

https://www.mineverse.com/threads/gamemode-some-additions-to-creative-♡.157747/
      https://www.mineverse.com/threads/noobcrew.157773/ (not a creative suggestion but fits in with what I said)

Cheers.

2. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

SUPPORTT

there are so many great additions in both this and the threads you have linked, that could make creative better for builders and players alike. Don’t get me wrong, I love the new update, bringing back creative2 has been in demand for a long time. However there needs to be more additions such as this that can help revive the server, and draw in interest from both new & returning players.
      could you imagine the amount of “Emily/Beautiful/Cute”s and “Ben/Hot/Sporty”s this would’ve had back in the day lmaoo still a great addition to the gamemode, i see no issue as to why this cant be allowed on non PvP servers as long as there’s a rule against inappropriate names / impersonation

personally I think the plot numbers are fine, people who build more regularly may need more plots, in this case, it’d be a good idea to maybe add them to the shop?

#bringbackcreative #revivecreative

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    3. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Support, but you could've got quicker to the point or made different threads for the main themes of it. It comes across to me as the initial plan was to suggest more worldedit-like plguins and features, but suddenly endes up taking the route of "oh and this", "and this", "also someone suggested this"

Either way I suppose I support most of your points except the number of plots and the worldedit brushes. We implemented worldedit brushes in August 2019, but they crashed creative repeatedly, so we removed them again. I feel like the amount of plots is already ok too. I agree with Crew that it would be overwhelming for the average new player. I'd rather want some other way to obtain more plots such as ingame playtime. I also like worldedit's dynamic as a titan and voting perk. I don't think it should be permanently given to all

4. Toheedprff786

Toheedprff786 Experienced Member

Support, would help creative and other gamemodes like infection a lot if they got maps.

5. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

Support! King thread

Donor ranks should be rewarded, people pay a lot of money for them. 7 plots inst crazy, this is 2020, MV doesn't have much creative demand like it used too. Allowing ranks more plots won't affect anything but make it a better experience for Donors.

6. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

The end was more me trying to squeeze in smaller ideas that I didn't have as much to write about as I did with some of the ones above.

I agree. With the suggestion for everyone having w/e (which I think is a lot more friendly to new players) things like more plots and nicknames should be added for donors.

Indeed.

Thankyou.

7. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

bumping

8. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Support, these will really help make creative more fun especially with the new update.

9. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

cheers

10. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

thanks for supports via rating

bumping

11. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

cheers

12. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

bumping

13. Rainingnights

Rainingnights Established Member

14. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

cheers

15. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Bumping

16. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

Support from me.

17. Drop

Drop Experienced Member

Full support! i loved creative when it was alive, this might bring players again!

18. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

support

19. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Oh shut up and bask in the beauty of this brilliant thread.

Absolute support.

20. Pocidel

Pocidel Well-Known Member

support

21. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

cheers + bumping