x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • EUR ♡ Sabrina's Application ♡

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by sabrina, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Dualband

Dualband Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're point here is, I don't see you leaving your opinion only trying to "protect" the applicant. The comment about people getting triggered is pointless, its not the same people complaining about it, each person is unique. People can share the same opinion, more than one person can think it was wrong and that is perfectly fine, so if they all have the same problem it is still valid. The way you phrased this makes it sound like it isn't.
      If this is true, I am truly amazed. The fact you can let other people play on your account for an event as a way to benefit yourself leaves me starstruck. Especially when the rules state you can only enter as yourself and not others, so yes, it was against the rules.
      You completely are being bias. If this was happening to any other applicant I guarantee you would not have said a word. Not to mention people have lost their entire careers over a single mistake, it's a just the world we live in, I don't understand how this surprises you.
      Please make the right decisions? Are you kidding me rent? Really? What would this "right" decision be? Are you trying to convince people that the right decision is saying she is fit to be mod? This comment single handedly disputes the first line of your response.
      The past does matter, it doesn't matter if she took it out or not. What's said has been said, you can only take it and learn from it. You can't just forget or ignore the past, we all know this. Again with the "right decisions." No one has shamed her from what I've read, different people have added their opinions about the same subject or mistake, they're allowed to do that. I'm not sure why you are trying to get them to not give their opinion.

If both the mods are allowed to leave their messages that contain absolutely no feedback to Sabrina and are focused at the community, and when read attempt to sway the opinion of the community into supporting Sabrina by telling them to "make the right decision," or try to convince them not to leave their opinions, or feelings about a mistake. Who cares if its the same mistake, people can feel the same about a mistake. Both of you are showing bias, as I have NEVER seen mods do this for any other applicant when it was unique people commenting, even if it's about the same mistake.

2. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

No support.

The controversy surrounding you is ultimately the leading reason to support my decision. The replies to your application prove my point.

Just a little side note (nothing related to my decision), being fluent in French has rarely, and I really do mean rarely, ever been useful on Mineverse. As an ex-moderator whos username is LITERALLY French, I very rarely had to assist someone in French. But it doesn't mean that it will not come of use. :)

I wish the best of luck on your application.

3. celina

celina Active Member

❥ I know you probably don't want to hear much from me but I thought I'd give my two cents, obviously you now wish you didn't mention the whole gender situation and wish people could forget about it but in the end, you did. So all I can say is yes, even coming from a girl myself I agree with the rest, it was very out of line but I know you didn't mean to offend people but you did; so all you can do now is take the heat like a champ otherwise you're just gonna put yourself into a more vulnerable position than you already are. I also know the whole situation with the discord servers and all of that, you know i was by your side for all of that but in the bigger picture, it left a hurtful stain on everyone and led the whole GOAT'S community to break apart, we don't have to bring that situation up again though because I know you're just as sick of it as I am.

❥ Now, from personal experiences with you, I believe we had an amazing friendship but sadly ended beyond sour. I was left out, and rumours were made, you put me down. yeah I have my own faults but in the end I was the one who was left in the ditch. It's a shame because I've seen the efforts that you've put into this server but I personally see other applicants are more closely fit for this position. I hope to see you improve and are able to try again in the near future. In no way either am I trying to bash you or whatever, I am just putting in my two cents and my personal experiences with you as you claim in your application that you uphold 'a good reputation'

Unfortunately, there is no way you can justify your actions or erase your past.

❥ I'm sorry but I have to say no-support leaning towards a neutral

:p

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    4. fran

fran Experienced Member

I see a lot of people saying “she didn’t really regret what she said, she just removed it because she was called out for it”. With all due respect, how do you all happen to know how she feels and why she removed it? Being able to take the criticism and therefore realizing her mistake is a thing and is actually something we really value about our staff members.

I don’t know Sabrina that much, but I am sure she didn’t mean it in the way you guys are referring to it as. I’m not sure what her sources were and I’m not a huge fan of generalizing, but my god you guys are hurt over a statement. To be fair, I’m a pretty organized guy and I’ve been told my whole life that it’s sort of girly thing to be so organized and stuff. And no, I do not agree with that statement but that is no excuse for some of you to come and keep harassing this applicant. I am sorry for overstepping as I know there are already staff members involved in this application, but let me please remind you all once again that this is a place for giving feedback rather than harassing her and everyone who doesn’t agree with you. You’ve stated your opinion, and there is no need for you guys to reply the same thing to everyone who doesn’t agree with you.

Good luck, Sabrina

5. Salvation

Salvation Experienced Member

How do you know any different? She's yet to dispute what she said, and only deleted it after it was pointed out and realised it was bringing negative attention. What she said was out of line, and other staff members such as Sando and Rent condoning sexism to protect their friend on her allocation is disgusting.

6. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

Hi computer! Thank you for your feedback. I understand the reasoning behind your decision, and can only hope you can reconsider in the future.

Hi celina, first of all, thank you for taking the time to read your application and to leave your thoughts in a reply. I know we've had many extensive discussions about what happened with the discord situation before, so I'll only summarise my points here. First of all, as you well know, GOATs was becoming more and more toxic, with dangerous people freely allowed to enter the server, create DOX and SWAT threats on members, and even hack & delete everything in the server at one point. No matter what we did to better the server, our constant revamps, adding a warning / ban system, these people still found their way in, personally making me feel unsafe. I didn't want to be a part of a community that allows this, and I had no real power to stop it, so I decided to distance myself. Now, I realise making a small server of my own wasn't the best idea. I know it led some people to feel left out. As I have mentioned before, the server was small, with only my closest friends. The people that did get left out in the end were either invited and didn't accept, or weren't close personal friends of mine and so I didn't feel comfortable having them there as I personally didn't know them well enough. I hope you can still understand my reasoning behind my creating my own server, and how I never intended to hurt anyone. I also never meant for the goats community to fall apart, I only meant to distance myself from it as I personally felt unsafe there, with no real power to stop the danger. It seems that other regular members felt the same, and also distanced themselves, causing the server to become inactive.
      Thank you for putting your thoughts in a civil and well-worded manner. I don't want to go into detail here as we have already discussed this matter, but please feel free to message me privately about this. We both had our faults, and if you feel the same I would like to discuss this privately in a calm manner. Again, thank you for your feedback, and I do hope you can reconsider in the future :)

Thank you so much Fran. As you say, I never intended it to come off as how others have interpreted, and have since tried correcting my phrasing in replies to these comments. This is a place for feedback, and I have listened to the feedback and chosen to remove the phrase from my application, and more clearly elucidate my point behind it. Thank you :)

7. celina

celina Active Member

You're welcome, and yeah don't get me wrong I do agree with you on that part where you mention that GOATS was getting out of hand and unsafe. I know what you're intentions were with the private (personal) server and maybe I see it differently to the others because I was in it but yeah like I said before; unfortunately, even though you didn't mean for anything harmful but it did leave people hurt. and that's a similiar situation here where people were offended by the gender comment you made.

Thought it would be better to remain in a civil manner and ye, our friendship ended with many blurred lines and loose ends but we still act civil to one another which I do appreciate a lot if you ever want to tie those loose ends feel free to message me. I know we've both grown and I just hope you're growing for the greater good. Best of Luck Yasmin.

:eek:

8. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

no support, other ppls' reasons

9. Toheedprff786

Toheedprff786 Experienced Member

This is hilarious. I'm trying to not cause problems but when this stuff is going on I can't not.

Are you serious? I knew sando just helped out his simps but rent? Cmon dude your better than this.

Also I'd like to mention how passive aggressive you are to like every1 when they talk about ur sexist comment @sabrina.

That's about all don't wanna cause problems just stating what I see.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    10. Herf

Herf Boss Member

no support not enough color

11. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

"First of all, and perhaps most obvious. I'm a guy. Statistically, guys are also more likely to have a personality more suitable for leadership. I am not saying girls can't be these things, I'm just stating what makes me stand out from other applicants."

Yes I am a female, but the point still stands--it's sexist.

No support.

12. AERIOLL

AERIOLL Active Member

SUPPORT ALL THE WAY

13. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

support :) i feel like you’ve kind of become a big figure in the mineverse community, you’re kind, active, well liked and helpful! :3

It’s strange to me why people are holding the “sexist” notion against her as if it’s a huge deal, it just feels like it’s been blown out of proportion. To me it looks like she was just trying to find positives in everything I’m from.. this is useful because. I speak fluent french this is useful because. Nïeve maybe but it does not show malice and it does not show she is a bad person. Answer this if she is sexist why would she openly show it on her moderator application it’s obvious it wasn’t intended to be like that.

Some of these people commenting have a strong history of saying things I’m not going to get into specifics but if you are going to cancel someone for something they’ve said and keep holding it against them you can’t if you have a strong history.

Everyone no supporting because of “the controversy on the thread”, you can’t take someone else’s judge of character as your own, if someone has had an issue with someone obviously they are going to clutch at straws to say bad things about that person. I think it’s really unfair if there is a group of people who don’t like someone and the person is put down because of those people’s view of them. Imagine applying for a job and a group of people that don’t like you in your high school classes start saying their view on your judge of character. And the opposite way round if someone like rent who knows what the person is really like it’s not bias to show them support it’s because you know the real them.

It feels like people are just clutching at straws at this point and dragging it out. She may have made a mistake in thinking others would not see it the way she intended but writing paragraphs and paragraphs is not going to help especially when it has no influence in her ability to moderate. Just accept her response and move on i don’t understand the obsession and what it’s going to achieve.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    14. transportin

transportin Established Member

support because of how well this application was put together and how organized it looks. also make an asmr mc video

15. sabrina

[​IMG]
      i think its just you herf

Thank you for your feedback, I realise my phrasing was wrong and the point I was trying to get across is that there are a lack of females in the staff team, which is something I could bring to the table. I realise I didn't word this right and have taken it out of my application. thank you nonetheless for your feedback :)

thank you aerioll!!
      thank you for your support chipe <3 from someone with your experience & background, it means a lot :)

thank you for your support transportin! I will for sure look into making an asmr video as well :p

16. Everam - Mike

Everam - Mike Active Member

Dualband couldnt be more correct about you in his first point, if you dont know someone you wont talk to them. If you dislike someone you make it a point to let them know you are better than them because you arent responding to their hate.
      You're like the popular kid at school that ignores anyone you think is less valuable than you.

17. sabrina

Hi Mike,
      Firstly, thank you for your feedback. However, having never spoken to you in game, I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion. If you were to speak to me in game, you would find that I uphold myself to be friendly and approachable, as I have outlined in my application. I would never put myself above anyone else. I always say hello whenever I get on, talk to people in chat, just like everyone else. I don't steer clear of people i "don't know", I only tend to avoid the toxicity in chat, reporting racist & discriminatory language, and I try to keep the chat light and friendly.

18. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support due to very low knowledge with cheats (reach etc).
      Good luck

19. sabrina

hi porky, thank you for your feedback.
      as i have said in my application, everyone makes mistakes and I am no exception to this rule. however i'd like to highlight that most of my recent reports have been valid, and though i may not be an expert on hacking (as i don't do it myself so have no experience :p ) and have a lot to learn (which i can only do by experience with reporting & gradually improving), it's my understanding that any moderator that is unsure of a ban should consult with others as a team. i tend to report players with multiple clips of evidence in case i miss something, to ensure my reports are as valid as possible.

i hope in the future i can get you to reconsider :)

20. Toad

Toad Well-Known Member

no support its too long

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.