x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival add Player Vaults to Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sabrina, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

I love the new survival reboot, and think Kinsey and other staff members have done a great job in updating the game mode to 1.15. The server is seeing the highest player count in years, and players are loving the new additions.​

My suggestion to make this game mode even better is to include /pv. Here's why:

If you're planning on going on an adventure, but don't want to run out of inventory space, PVs are a great way to store extra items, and they make it easier to bring items that you've collected on your travels back to your base.

PVs generally don't empty when you die unlike inventories, so valuables could be kept in there to prevent them being stolen / lost by entity removal in case of an untimely death.

I can't count the amount of times I've lost some hard-earned diamonds to a pool of lava - PVs could prevent this.

Players may feel more safe keeping their more valuable items in their PVs rather than in their inventory / in a chest, as they could die unexpectedly or accidentally trust an untrustworthy player to open their chests.

As this is a public server, there is more chance of players stealing each other's belongings. PVs could provide a safe storage space for players that don't want to lose their valuables in a PvP battle, for example.

I completely understand that this survival is not meant to be OP, but I believe that PVs would be a great addition to an already great game mode, for the reasons stated above. To reiterate, this is a public server and PVs could prevent theft, losing items due to entity removal upon death, and create extra inventory space for adventurers.

Let me know what you think! :D

2. Disc

Disc Experienced Member

I was also thinking about this but I feel like it would be too much. Neutral

3. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

support should be ez to add some pvs

4. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Support
      Maybe make it a donor perk or give donors an extra pv

5. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

No support. This is basically an enderchest on demand. Take away from the inventory management that survival typically brings. Also if you need a safe place to hide items just do "/ah sell" then retract the offer and the item sits in "/ah expired"

6. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Neutral - Kinda takes away the survival inventory type vibe like OverLard said. Although some sort of echest or vault would be handy.

7. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

I would agree with having /echest over a private vault. This was it is just a convenience item like /craft instead 0f a luxury like /fly would be

8. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Agreed ^

9. JustExposed

JustExposed Experienced Member

no support, there are shulkers for a reason

10. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

No support.

Like someone said above, it's basically an on demand enderchest. There are also claims for you to store an almost unlimited amount of items you want to without having being worried about being griefed. You can also use shulker boxes if you need more inventory spaces.

11. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support

12. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

Kinsey and I actually briefly talked about player vaults. Both of us and Noobcrew are all against the idea of it because we wanted the server to feel like survival. Player vaults act like a storage room that you can keep with you all the time. That is fine on the server's pvp modes where you may need to store things and that is the only option. Survival is not like the pvp modes, the intention for the server is to play the game in a way similar to how mojang intended. That is to make a base, storage room, grind for resources, and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Player vaults, while nice to have, depart from traditional minecraft gameplay more than we wanted. That is the reasoning behind why they were not added and most likely will not be added, sorry. It is also this same reasoning that led to why /god and /fly are not a thing anymore. If you really need extra storage in your inventory I would suggest investing in a few shulker boxes from the quest shop :)

13. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

thank you for clearing this up! I originally thought this would affect the whole “back to basics” nature of survival, as not everyone who plays the survival game mode individually has access to such a perk. I also understand there are other measures put in place (locking chests, placing chests on claims, etc) that can aid in the “theft of items” problem. thank you for your help in revamping the game mode :)

as this suggestion is not likely to be added, does a mod mind closing this?

@mattenphew

14. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

Locked and archived.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.