x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA MeeZoidv4 - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by lordeesti, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. lordeesti

lordeesti Experienced Member

Your in-game name:
      MeeZoidv4

What timezone are you in?
      EST

What country do you live in?
      USA

What languages do you speak?
      English

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      OBS
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I think I should be staff because I can be pretty active on the forums and discord no matter the location (unless I'm in a place with no WiFi or a plane). I also tend to appear on the forums page to look at the latest posts and as a Staff Member, I'd need to be on forums to check for any ban reports or bugs reports that I'd need to message a higher-up about. I think I have a lot of experience as a Staff Member and would be a good fit on the team. I also would be jumping from game mode to game mode and would work hard to keep the server hacker free and to assist the players on the server.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Summer

Monday (12PM-6PM)

Tuesday (1PM-6PM)

Wednesday (12PM-6PM)

Thursday (1PM-6PM)

Friday (10AM-6PM)

Saturday (1PM or 2PM-8PM)

Sunday (2PM-4:30PM)

School

Monday (4PM-6PM)

Tuesday (4PM-6PM)

Wednesday (4PM-6PM)

Thursday (4PM-6PM)

Friday (7PM-9PM)

Saturday (2PM-8PM)

Sunday (2PM-4:30PM)

Sometimes I might not be able to come online or might go on a vacation or something similar. I will be sure to tell someone before leaving so you know I'm still here.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I've been playing since 2016 however I left when BedWars was removed however I've returned and planned on playing the server more then I did in the past.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      In-Game however it was a False Ban however I had no evidence to back my claim which is what lead to be recording whenever I play and recording hackers and reporting them.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I was Admin on 2 different servers. Helper on 1 but quickly made my way up to being an Admin. I was also Helper on RaidCentral and got promoted to Moderator then the server merged with another know as MineagePvP and everyone who was staff on RaidCentral was basically demoted.

Void Games

One of the 3 servers I was Admin on has taught me about working together. Usually whenever I do things. I do them alone. If I were to create a server. I would do it alone. However, after I became Admin on this server. I learned about Teamwork and what it truly means. I learn that instead of working on being the best Admin I can possibly be. I should work on helping the server become the best it can be and that lead to me being the best Admin. I learned from this server that the best way to grow the community is by being out there. Help out even if questions aren't directed to you. Help out whenever you can, where ever you can, however, you can. This server has also taught me about how to help behind the scenes. On this server, I had to help the Owner create a few things. At first, I had no clue about what I was doing. However, he helped me learn about what I was doing and how to do it.

On this server, I was usually working on helping the players. I’d deal with players who requested support and try to help them out the best I can.

(Don’t really remember all that I did here seeing as it was a long time ago)

Flat Factions

Just like the name suggests this is server was a Faction server. The server Owner of this server had me start out as a Helper. He tasked me and my friend Silvgriff02 (at the time) to get players on the server. We got our friends online and slowly the server grew. (Into being a server run by my friends and the few random people who would join.) The server Owner kept telling my friend and me to work on getting even more players online no matter what. He was the first server Owner I met who was terrible at his job. However, excusing the way he acted. I still learned about being a Helper. Being a Helper doesn't mean. We help only the server out (even if that is very helpful). It means we help the players and server out. Being a helper on this server has taught be about Hard Work, Dedication, and Striving for the Best.

On this server, I’d usually assist players again with any problems they had and work on creating events. I was only able to do small mini-events (Giveaways) before the Owner demoted my friend and I quit the server because of his reason (Reasoning mentioned below)

Hard Work/Dedication/Striving For The Best

This server has taught me about working hard. On the server, the Owner wanted my friend and me to set up the buy/sell signs. We at first had no clue about how to create them. So the server Owner showed us a sample then left us to create the rest. It was hard for us since we had to look up so many things (in our opinion) to create the signs. However, we finished all the signs. Near the beginning, we didn't want to work on that. However, just thinking about how we would help out/contribute to the server made us continue. While also on the server we had to make sure we were acting professional no matter what. While playing we made sure that no player on the server figured we were new to this. Just about every player who joined minus our friends. Had this mindset that. My friend and I had a big idea of what we were doing.

On this server. After being a helper for a while my friend and I were both promoted to Mod. Then one day I was demoted due to lack of players. However the next day I was promoted to Admin while my friend (who was promoted to Mod) was demoted. We both later decided to quit that server completely.

While on the server no matter how tiring or boring I got I usually stayed on the server helping out players and working on improving our player count. I remember when we released this server it was averaging 1-3 players. However, I got on along with my friend and we worked on improving that player count till it reached 15 and we were happy with that since it showed if we work harder we can gain more members.

*Fun Fact*

After my friend and I quit. That server now averaged 0-1 players. The server Owner started begging my friend and me to join his server again and told us that he would make us both Admin. However after seeing how he could easily demote player due to a lack of players. (Yet we got him to average 15-20 players.) We decided not to join. Up to this day, he curses my friend and My name. He also trash talks any server I create. Even though I create them to learn what it means to be an Owner.

Sirius

This server brings back even more bad memories for me. The server Owner, in my opinion, was very annoying. She would spam you for no reason. Demote you if she didn't like your friend. However, from her server I learned even more about being an Admin. When I applied for her server I didn't think I would be accepted. However, when I was accepted I was overjoyed. It was the first server that wanted to see my skills as being an Admin. Which was nothing. I was nervous when I joined the skype chat for all of the staff members. However, I still joined and found them all (Sirius' Staff) to be funny people. From this server, I learned about a lot of things. I learned about using Essentials, PEX, and more. I learned about how to watch and spot a hacker who might be hacking. I learned about what to do during any situation. I learned what to do when I'm being spammed in chat. This server has also taught me about what to do when I'm hiding from everyone on the server to spot anyone hacking. This server basically taught be the physical part about being an Admin. While everything else taught be the mental part of being an Admin I guess you could say.

On this server, I mainly helped the Owner and rest of the staff team with things they couldn’t deal with. It’d usually be things like helping players and creating events since that’s what I’d always do since I found it fun :p

*Fun Fact*

Another fun fact. The server owner of this server demoted me because my friend pointed out so many facts about how bad of a server owner she was. She hacked on her own server, she abused the players I got on the server, and she basically cursed in chat a lot while telling everyone else not to. I ended up quitting that server later on and had to change skype accounts along with that friend since this server owner decided to grab our IP's and spam them in a Skype Chat with over 300 people. Lesson learned from this. If the Owner of the server you are applying for is annoying and seems like they don't know what they are doing. Change your skype, Quit that server, and format her entire server. (I know I shouldn't put this. However, let me just say it was payback. I sent her a full backup of her server after 1 month and after she created the entire server again. Let's be honest though. Wouldn't you do the same?) Let's also just say she doesn't have a server or staff members anymore.

Masked Madness/MMS/UnitedMC

This was a server started by me last year and this summer to basically understand what it means to be an Owner of a server. From this, I learned about spotting many things in an application. I learned about how annoying it is for players to spam you in-game. From this, I learned how to cope with things. I basically taught me patience. From this, I learned all about working with others, choosing the right people for the job, and how to gain people's attention.

I will be truthful. My server last summer and this summer didn't do so well. However, that is because my friends at random points either lost interest or they had school (most of them live in NZ). However, we usually save the data and start the server up whenever we gain interest again.

This server helped me learn how to better create events and formatting them on forums. I’d usually put no effort into things I create however with help from my owner server I was able to decently improve my skills on formating. A few examples from when I was on another server (lost the ones I had from this server) are linked below along with the title.

RaidCentral Staff Commands

Parkour Event

Event Suggestions

**Proud One**

Faction Wars

RaidCentral

Can’t forget RaidCentral. First “big” server I was Helper/Staff on. Resigned due to school however ended up reapplying got promoted and a few weeks later was promoted to Moderator. From this server, I gained an incredible amount of experience. On RaidCentral I guess you can say I really learned how to deal with players who wanted you demoted. Players who are incredibly toxic and how to deal with hackers. I learned how to ignore players that try to bring you down and learned how to be playful while also taking your job seriously.

On this server, I usually dealt with everything on forums and everything in-game since I was the most active Staff Member. I’ve taken cared of at least over 200+ Ban Reports and Appeals from this server. I also learned to deal with annoying players. An instance is when I banned a player for derp/helicopter hacks. He kept annoying me on video I uploaded and streams I held about how I was an idiot mod and I didn’t know what I was banned for and that he wasn’t hacking. I just linked him to the video and ignore him up until the server had a ban reset. I was also favored by most of the players since I usually helped them all no matter the time and situation. Also because I was being fair since most staff members on Faction servers are usually unfair and try to help their faction instead of helping the server and players. I was also the voice of the players since whenever there was a problem that the players had with the Admins, I’d usually hear what they say, write it down and send it to the Admins so the that they’d know what the players want and work on incorporating that into the game for either the current season of the season after. The staff also favored me seeing as I’d help them with things they weren’t able to do. An example would be when I helped the Admin (at the time) Paragraphs with things on forums like Bug Reports, Ban Appeals, and Support. Due to this when I left and return instead of my previous achievements and contributions being ignored like they usually would be, they were remembered instead and I was promoted to a Moderator a week after I left and came back. For this server, I was also creating a new event that I don’t think have been seen on any other faction servers before the server shut down and merged with another in that network. For this server I’d also have to deal with at least half the player count (server usually had 100 near release and then 50 after half of the 50 being alts so 25 actual players and 25 alts) requesting help from me whenever a hacker appeared or when they needed help and even though it was just me on the server, I’d be able to help all the players with little help since I’m a pretty fast typer.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?
      Yes

Do you have 50 Post Count?
      205 as of 10:56PM EST 8/30/2019

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Yes

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Yes

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?
      Both

Support : 3
      Neutral : 2
      No Support : 1

If you select Neutral or No Support please do inform me to why you feel that way.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    2. RedFridgex

RedFridgex Active Member

thats alot of writingv

3. lordeesti

Yeah I write a lot lool

4. Mthew

Mthew Experienced Member

-1 Missing Certain things Below

Do you have 50 Post Count?

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

5. lordeesti

I have all of those. At the bottom, I said I have all the requirements but didn't add all of those because I didn't see a need to add it. I've however just added it to avoid the confusion.

6. Mthew

Mthew Experienced Member

It would make sense if you edited it

7. lordeesti

I just did. It should appear for you now

8. Mthew

Mthew Experienced Member

ok thank you +1

9. lordeesti

Thanks! Also @Apocalypses if you mind me asking. Why did you select Neutral?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    10. Purge

Purge Boss Member

You're kind passive agressive calm down maybe he made a mistake?

Neutral.

11. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

Neutral, It's a great application but I've only starting seeing you since infection released.

12. lordeesti

Yeah I changed the name of my account from JustChuwy to an assortment of names before I now have it at MeeZoidv4. That might be why (not sure) however I will be more active on the server. Thanks for the feedback on my application also.

13. lordeesti

Sorry it appeared to be passive aggressive.

14. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

did you make an appeal?

15. lordeesti

I did however it was denied due to me not having any evidence to show I wasn’t hacking. I’d say that day was a good one for me since now whenever I play I record that has helped me a lot. Unless I’m AFK I usually record now lol

16. CodBucket

CodBucket Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Premium

No support but i'm leaning towards neutral.

I never see you on, and you recently came back (atleast to the forums):

https://gyazo.com/80d7ddee6dbd08306c55432d8a826943

This doesn't mean my view can't change, but I personally think you should wait until applying and get to know the community some more.

Best of luck!

17. lordeesti

I did recently come back so you are right there. I’d also have to say that we might have different time zones seeing as I also haven’t seen you on either. I will get to know the community more and already and doing that. I mainly am playing Infection and KitPvP and recently started an island on SkyBlock. So you could check there to see if I’m ever on:

18. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Support

(+) Well written and formatted Application which shows your dedication towards this position.

(+) Your activity in game (or at least I have barely seen you) lacks as far as I know however that is an easy fix, just keep being active whenever you can and however long you can.

(+) Try report more and be more active on the forums, this'll give off a more professional and committed manner regarding applying for Moderator.

Nevertheless, Good Luck :)

19. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Neutral

20. Garth

Garth Experienced Member

Neutral, I don't see you on a lot. Good luck though.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.