x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Tell players that their claims will expire!!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Teeeb, Nov 6, 2022.

?

What should be done?

1. Remove claim expirations

8 vote(s)
      50.0%
    2. Add this into the rules/make it clear they expire

8 vote(s)
      50.0%
    1. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Survival + Earth both have a feature where claims expire after a specific amount of days (forgot the exact amount). As @Crazytaco mentioned in another thread, it is stated nowhere that claims expire.

Ideas:
      ~ Remove the expiration feature entirely (credit to @luka : ))

Or

~ Make a repeating message on Earth + Survival that tells players their claims will expire after ___ amount of days. Or at least put it somewhere on the website/rules!!!

2. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

Support, I lost everything on my claim on earth, additionally, I paid real money for more claim blocks and now it feels like I was scammed out of $40.

3. luka : )

luka : ) Established Member

abolish the whole expiry thing

4. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

Support!

5. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

I'm sorry to hear that this happened - please create a support ticket and I'm sure an administrator will give you your claim blocks back

6. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

Yeah, I never really understood why they chose to remove claims after x amount of time as opposed to keeping them. Almost always the only people who touch former claims after they've been unclaimed are griefers and looters. I thought it also had something to do with your rank and how often you played, but I couldn't figure out exactly how it worked.

7. Dustyf@ll

Dustyf@ll Honorary Supporter Premium

Support! Due to claim expiration, I have been trying to debunk whats the actual time frame it is. I have some ranging from 1.5 months - 2 months some outlying claims have 4 months up to this point and i might conclude that its a claim expiration in general not joining mv the "entire server" for a period of time. if thats the case i feel like this also happens in prison as well.

8. inh

inh Discord Moderator Discord Moderator

if a person isn't active enough, or has abandon/left the server then claim expiration is a good thing.

The bit thats troublesome, is being unaware that the claims do expire. Also knowing the exact time limit before expiration.

If an individual knows that for what ever reason, they will be offline for an extended period of time, maybe an option (for rank players) to 'sleep' the claim for an extended expiration period?

9. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

I'm more than happy to allocate an area for important information on our FAQ thread when I have some free time. I'll speak to staff members to create a collective list of important information about each gamemode so we can provide more clarity :clxrity: for members and list any key points they should know.

However, I feel that the claim expiration feature should be removed since it's very unnecessary. People may log on months after and should be able to have their builds safe and secured. Support!

10. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

I agree. The world has a border and with the specifications of the claim expirations, I think it's necessary.

We can definitely change players being unaware that their claims expire.

The way it works:
      • Individual chests & claims expire after 28 days of not being used.
      • All claims expire after 60 days of inactivity.
        • Exceptions:
          • When the player has 10000+ total claim blocks.
          • When the player has 5000+ bonus claim blocks.
      Based on that information I'll keep the thread open for suggestions for change on that.

However, I went ahead and edited the message for when you've created a claim to include "Individual claims expire after 28 days of inactivity!".

11. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

Thank you!!! <3

12. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

For the claims not being used, is it like if noone uses it or is it if just the owner doesn’t use it? Like for example if I claim a house for a friend but I don’t use it for 2 months but my friend uses it everyday, would that claim still expire?

13. inh

good question, how does giving /trust to a more active player alter the expiration if at all?

14. Brendunce

Brendunce Active Member

In my experience, yes (at least on the old survival). When most of my friend group went inactive, most of their claims were deleted, but only the people who had also trusted me (who was active pretty regularly) had their claims still around after a while.

15. Crazytaco

Crazytaco Well-Known Member

I still have the claim blocks to my name, I just lost everything I had built up and the land it was on.

Does this mean if someone had over 10000 claim blocks they shouldn't expire?

16. Olieee

Olieee Established Member Premium

Just remove the claim expiration thing, why did noobcrew even add that. you should be able to join in the future and not everything being unclaimed.

17. Teeeb

I agree, I think it’s a pretty lame feature. It basically screws over players who take breaks from the game. Life gets in the way sometimes and no one should be punished for taking a break.

18. Malik Shahid

Malik Shahid Established Member

They should make the server hvh again and then some how add a way so you know how many days it will be until your claim expires if you don't log on. Having it so claims never expire has the potential for all the land to fill up with claims despite there only being a certain amount of active players.

19. inh

still feel claims need to expire on a map that's only 20k x 20k

perhaps more coding than its worth, if a player has logged a certain number of hours, the expiration could be extended. and again, for a rank player, having an option to 'sleep' the claims so nothing expires for an extra length of time (1 year?)

this leads to another thought. having the ability to put a server claim in place for a claim that has been abandon, but serves a community purpose. A recent example would be the /warp honey. it was abandon/expired yet while it was kept up, provided a resource of honey and wax the new player. sadly now, its destroyed, yet the warp remains

20. Teeeb

I disagree. Yes, the map is not very large. But there’s so few players that I feel like there’s enough room for everyone.