x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Requirements Needed Atombows Mod App

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Atom, Jun 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. drumroll

drumroll Established Member

No support even tho I've left a support rating
      Really annoying
      Never replies
      Doesn't pvp
      Isn't good at bedwars
      Still calls youtuber daddy

2. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

bruh

3. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

No support.
      Bumps his app.

Jk, re-support. Idk where my other support messages are, so a mod could delete them if they think I’m farming.

4. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

I AM SO SORRY but thanks bb

5. Dualband

Dualband Well-Known Member

I support this

6. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Changing to no support.
      re-support : )

7. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

THANK U
      THANKS!

8. Maria

Maria Experienced Member

support bigfoot

9. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Alien

10. Mai

Mai Well-Known Member

You deserve this!!
      Support x1000000

Really really nice guy and youre very active, helpful and understanding.
      I hope you get this soon.
      Good luck Anatomy <3

11. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

thanks qt mai <3

12. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

I've never commented my thoughts on your application before and knowing from the conversations that we have had on why I do not support you then it should come to no surprise that I still do not support your application.

There is a long list of things you messed up as a staff member and you are well aware of what that list contains. In my opinion, all the comments of people saying you were a "good mod" are wrong and are simply false, there is a reason you haven't been promoted in the past two promotion waves. I personally feel as if you have not properly addressed your mistakes, yes you made a start on it by including the section at the start of your application but that does not even cover half of the stuff you messed up as a moderator. I am not looking for some sort of "apology" made by you, I am simply stating that the majority of the feedback you have received on your application is not accurate because people really don't know about the countless times you messed up with the moderator position.

You are a good friend don't get me wrong, but I simply do not think you are fit nor ready to become a moderator again. Best of luck.

13. Mai

Mai Well-Known Member

With all due respect, this is still irrelevant regardless.
      We are judging him based on the way he acts right now and you cannot discredit the feedback of those who currently support him just because we apparently "don't know about the countless times he's messed up". Our difference in experiences does not make us "wrong".

I think it's quite harsh as well to reply to this application with such negative criticism and deeming Atom "unfit" to be a staff member again. I don't know what he has done in the past, but as a staff member I would expect you to give some solid feedback rather than highlight an issue with no solution. It comes off as more of an attack this way, rather than just criticism.

People are allowed to correct their mistakes and people are allowed to grow. Your experience with Atom does not equal other peoples experiences with him. It is a little unfair too, to come on here and call everyones perception of Atom inaccurate but not shed much light on why.

:)

14. eunice

eunice Experienced Member

There will always be two sides to a story. You, being a staff member, would see more of a full picture than the rest of the community. Because there will always be staff things that go behind the scenes. Regardless, if people believe that atom was a good mod, then yes, he may have been, in THEIR perspective. That just meant that Atom presented himself as a useful, helpful mod to certain players. Although I do not know what happened, I'm sure during the times when Atom was a mod there were times where he was a dedicated 'good' mod, and there were times where he messed up - completely humane behaviour

People are changing everyday. Atom has not been a mod for around half a year I believe? To an extent I think it's unfair for you to be judging Atom the way you are. Yes, he may have done things in the past, but why should that define who he is today? It's been half a year. Although his past actions should be taking into account, but rather than judging Atom from his past mistakes, wouldn't it be better for you to judge how he's reflected in this process and learned from his mistakes?

If you think that he's not been able to address his mistakes well enough and reflect his past actions, rather than denouncing atom, as a friend of atom's, wouldn't it be nicer if you'd actually explained what you'd like to see improved and guide atom to be a better mod candidate

it's unfair that you're saying this. there has been past MV mods who were demoted several times and still promoted in the end.

i've come to know atom decently well in the past few months, so i'll be resupporting this application. i don't know his character before but i do know that character he is today, and I think that he is well fit for the moderator position

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    15. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

hihi atom ily

I haven't been ingame recently but if I do catch you, you're being quite a good person. There are a few times you've slipped up but these were a while ago and quite irrelevant. I think you've grown from when you were staff, to when you resigned, to now. You def deserve mod. good luck <3

hi accept, whilst Mai and Eunice have explained this pretty well, I would like to say that the reply you've given is not that great. Not only does it sound like you're downing Atom as an applicant, it sounds like you're downing us who support him.
      I think you saying there was a reason he hasn't been promoted in the past two waves is honestly a bit mean to him. It really sounds like you're just downing and degrading and belittling him. I really think if you're a friend like you're saying you are, you could have tried to present this a bit more respectfully. For his little addressing his mistakes part, I feel like he's addressed a lot of them and owned up to them, admitted, whatever you wanna call it. For him to put right at the start of his application what he has done I feel like is a start to his change that we have all saw recently. I feel as if you saying our feedback isn't accurate either because we don't know the countless times he's messed up is unfair on both of us, once again coming back to this point. He's human, and yes, he made mistakes, we all do. I refuse to believe you didn't mess up when you started too and you still don't mess up to this day. I think you need to look at how he is now and not how he was, he's grown and changed and I can almost guarantee he won't make the same mistakes. I hope that this reply didn't seem like it was attacking you, because it wasn't. <3

16. Dualband

Dualband Well-Known Member

I think from my time as staff I can mention several current members who made more and much worse mistakes than atom ever did. I'm sure you know what staff members and what actions I'm talking about. Many of his mistakes were things everyone considered very minor, most of them were meant as light hearted fun.

17. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Thank you for your feedback, I would respond to this but others already have for me and I'd be repeating them. As for some of the points you made, it seemed they were more hostile then actual feedback. Regardless I still respect your opinion and I hope I can change it.
      thank you mai <3
      thank you euni couldn't have said it better myself <3
      Thank you trin <3
      thanks tucker, I agree that most of them were light hearted but like I've said in my app I have messed up a couple times.

18. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

I think it is safe to say the community feel much differently.
      The issue with the way people think is that they remember the past then refuse to let people show they have changed. If you want to have the best people in the team you need to let go of the past and let people prove they have changed.
      Keep an open mind. If 71 people including staff members are able to find it in themselves to look over his faults then its likely Atom has proven that he has that trust and respect.

I don't know Atom but I can see just by looking at his actions that he will not let anyone down again and should be given a chance again.

19. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

thank you krissy and wym YOu KNOW ME <3

20. Tonya

Tonya Well-Known Member

The voice of the community non-staff members is far more valuable than the voice of the staff team. There are so many more players in comparison to the small staff team. Reflecting back on Atom's time as mod, I find that many of the players really liked Atom as mod, for he was chill, easy to go to, and actually responsive and engaging. Even now, Atom is loved by many players (clearly with all of the supports on his application). It is increasingly more important to promote staff members that are well-liked and known within the community considering the player base is dying. Staff members are seen nearly on every active game mode. If many players find particular members of the staff team to be unresponsive with the I-just-want-to-get-the-job-done attitude, then who would want to play with those staff members? I find that many staff members today are forgetting that it's okay to have fun on the job.

Ultimately, the players are voicing what they want. The players are voting for who they want to see on the staff team. If there are unliked members on the staff team, then there will be an inherent fear and awkwardness between the staff and players. However, if there are staff members that are actually liked on the team, then there would be no split in the community.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.