x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Forums Remove Negative ratings given by banned members

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swift, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Quite self-explainationary..
      User is banned? (Only perma bans ofc and account deletions too if it doesn't already)
      [​IMG]
      Have their negative given ratings removed?
      [​IMG]

Why would you no support having your negative ratings lower, sounds kinda lame ngl.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    2. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

support 110%

3. Purge

Purge Boss Member

No support. It's their opinion and if it's rate abuse that should be removed.

4. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

support, especially if it’s the reason they got banned in the first place

5. Purge

Purge Boss Member

What about if it was way before the ban?

I agree it should be removed if it's the reason they're banned.

6. Swift

Swift Boss Member

and i don't see exactly what your point is? the user is banned are they not? so what opinion do they still hold if their account is no longer existing and/or permaently banned.

if you'd like to be exempt from having your negative ratings removed if this change happens by all means go ahead.

7. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Kinda passive agressive

They still can hold a opinion if it was the past. Them being banned was recent and they didn't break any rules beforehand.

What do you mean

8. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

I think that it doesn't really matter. The person had a reason to dislike it when he was still around. If it isn't considered rate abuse, it can stay. If you believe he disliked your post is because of a personal issue, you can always report it. I would perhaps add this feature if the person is banned entirely and his account is "removed". So in order for it to work, these accounts are "Guests". The sole purpose is, that the posts this person once posted don't have to be removed. If the account isn't deleted, it is possible to appeal in order to unlock the account. It would be weird if you get unbanned and your ratings are gone. That doesn't sound right to me.

So no support. Don't get fed up about some unnecessary dislikes.

Also, I knew this guy will be banned at some point.

9. Swift

Swift Boss Member

most of the time though perma bans aren't reverted and account deletions can't be. It's like 2/10 times they are and if they had a reason to get perma banned that wasn't a request then would it really matter? It can be a button to click if it really mattered (a xenforo add-on could surely exist) depending entirely on the ban reason and for the example above that I used it was for hate speech and rate abuse sooo no need to get fed up about a suggestion pftt :P

10. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

If it would be "all the time", it would make sense to remove ratings. That's not the case. Anyway, accounts can be deleted.

Also, you're being passive agressive, which won't change my mind.

11. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Support

12. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, maybe make it so all their ratings in the last month were removed, if they were toxic

13. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Okay but @its_tuber literally went around and gave everyone negative ratings for no reason

14. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

In that case, it is rate abuse (I know this is a thing, correct me if I'm wrong) and this is how it should be handled:

-Block the user's ability to rate
      -Remove all ratings which are considered evident for the rate abuse (positive or negative, doesn't matter, since people sometimes push each-other by rating profile posts to get more and more positive ratings.)
      -If it happens again once he can rate again, he should be banned

Removing all negative ratings a banned user has given during his time on forums is just foolish.

The person you're talking about obviously had a bad intent, but you could already notice that by the continuous toxic attitude with which he spread hate across the forums. He got muted, which fed him up, and that led to him trying to get attention by rating people's post. So blocking the ability to rate when someone is muted could also be a possible solution to this.

15. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

They did get his rate perms removed. Then he got banned. I do not see why his old negative ratings shouldnt be removed for these reasons.

Maybe people being banned shouldnt have their old negative ratings removed but people who

A: got their rating perms removed
      B: muted
      C: perma banned
      It would be "foolish" not to.

16. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

The dude literally no supported mod apps for reasons as “you smell” or “you’re fat” he also went and marked random posts negative.

17. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

No support, even if they were banned they disliked it for a reason. Yes they may be banned for whatever reason, but if we were to remove their negative ratings, shouldn't we also remove their positive ratings? If the said player was rate abusing by giving out dislikes for no reason, then we remove those ratings. But if before they became toxic/broke rules they could have given out a genuine dislike, and for that to be removed would just defeat the purpose of giving that rating in the first place.
      All those ratings were removed and then he eventually lost his rate privileges.
      If they had their perms removed, any of their ratings that we consider abuse were already removed. No point in removing ratings that could be genuine.

18. Rasmus

Rasmus Active Member Premium

Neutral - What Porky said

19. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

As @mattenphew said:
      If there is no comprehendable, "reasonable" reason behind it, it is rate abuse and therefore will be removed upon request.

As to what you said, it's clearly violating a rule that already exists, so I don't see the need of this.

20. Swift

Swift Boss Member

well I was gonna suggest ratings in general but i thought saying negative ratings was probably more suitable.
      And I'm not sure what you mean when you say that their dislikes were removed if they were rate abuse as the one I have in my original post had no reason behind it besides that I rated their posts salty for being well salty. I wouldn't really care however if it was all ratings or just in general negative ratings. Yes sure some of ratings could be legit but most of the people you perma ban (if they aren't purposefully or asking to be banned by request) are likely toxic to begin with my post's contender being one of them, they've been toxic for a longgg time now it's not like it just began.

Not really, I gave you a solution and then you prettyyy much didn't even respond to my case, I said it could possibly have an addon so it was a button you click so it's not done for all accounts that are perma banned and just certain ones if you're so worried about banned players being unbanned again and being like "where did all my negative ratings go", don't see how that's passive aggressive lol but you sound like you're really against this so i'm not trying to change your mind anyway. If it happens it happens :rolleyes: