x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • What happened to this place?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Duplicityyy, Dec 17, 2018.

Tags:
    ?

Do you miss what this server used to be?

1. Yep, I loved it.

2. No, not really.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Duplicityyy

Duplicityyy Experienced Member

This was such an amazing server like 2 years ago, and now it's just gone to just... nothing. I miss what this server used to be... do you guys know what killed it and is there any possible way to get this server back to the way it was?

I've been a member of Mineverse since July 2013. Yeah, I know. I've been here for a while. I was only 10 years old when I first found this server. I'm 16 years old now and a sophomore in high school. It's been a while. If you have no idea who this is, I'm OG_PinkSheep. Most of you guys knew me from OP Prison, I'm assuming. I hope all of you knew how big I was around this server, not just OP Prison. Almost everyone knew me and it was an honor to be loved by so many people.

But anyways, this isn't about me, I just want to know what happened to this place, now it's just become a wasteland...

For real, though. What happened?
      Any explanation why thousands of players left the last few of us?

@Noobcrew @CypriotMerks

2. OhSkqy

OhSkqy Active Member

there are a lot of threads like these, you don't need to post another one

• Like Like x 1
    3. Duplicityyy

Duplicityyy Experienced Member

I haven't paid attention to the other ones, I just wanna see what people think...

4. JazzMagic

JazzMagic Experienced Member

The fact the server got hit by Mojang for EULA infractions, so they had to take away the donor perks just so the server wouldn't get blacklisted. There are many other reasons but that is probably the main reason.

5. Gang

Gang Experienced Member

Minecraft died, the server never got a new map on any of the gamemodes, people grew up. etc.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Greg

Greg Experienced Member

ESPN presents 30 for 30..

• Like Like x 1
    7. Monitor

Monitor Experienced Member

rip skywars.

8. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

Fortnite that's why

9. Greg

Greg Experienced Member

i think we could all agree even fortnite is better than Minecraft lmao

10. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

Why though, Minecraft is better than fortnite : thinking :

11. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

It's really not.

Fortnite took the idea of Minecraft Hunger games and made it into something that was actually very good at the start, it was good... I can admit that but it is so repetitive nowadays that it's just plain boring. You're just constantly getting loot and killing. At least in Minecraft you're able to do so much more, there is pvp, building, factions, skyblock, creative, survival etc etc. Minecraft is not always the same thing and it is way more adventurous than a game that all you do is loot and kill

• Like Like x 1
    12. Greg

Greg Experienced Member

Lmao homie actually went on to talk about how Minecraft is better than fortnite LOL..bro I don't see tfue or other big streamers of the such streaming Minecraft lol. Fortnite didn't take the idea at all. There was games that had modes like HG for ages before Minecraft even did..so I guess Minecraft took the idea right?? Minecraft dyin

13. Acceptation

Alright. Of course you don't see tfue playing minecraft ahahaha. But let's compare him to some minecraft youtubers, for an example his youtube channel has 7,464,442 subscribers while writing this, but let's look at prestonplayz for an example who does play minecraft and he has 7,972,821 subscribers. So I don't see where your point is coming from when a Minecraft channel is bigger than a fortnite one. Want to send some names of these games that had HG?

Some more examples of big youtubers who still upload minecraft:

• CaptainSparklez - 10 million +
      • SkyDoesMinecraft - 11 million+
      • Aphmau - 4 million+
      • Stampylongnose - 9 million + (Yeah I know I hate him but still)
      • PopularMMOs - 15 millon +

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    14. Greg

Greg Experienced Member

They don't even get half the viewers other fortnite streamers get. Ninja, Nickmercs, Sypherpk, tfue, pokimane, myth, daquan, drlupo, Tim, Trevor may, courage, distortion and mongraal..I ain't crazy 'bout fortnite but those are just some of the big names. Fortnite is just a bigger game now and gets more attention than Minecraft streamers if you look at fortnite twitch stream views along with Minecraft video uploads on YouTube fortnite videos still get more views even with way less channel subscribers of the person uploading videos..so say again #F

15. Acceptation

Okay I feel we're getting off topic on what you where actually saying, you said the fortnite is better compared to Minecraft.

Just because big youtubers get more views and the game is more popular doesn't actually mean it's better, like I said Minecraft has a various range of different gamemodes and fortnite is just looting and killing.

Just to prove my point even further, Fortnite released 25th July 2017 and the current popularity is 125 million as shown here.

[​IMG]

Minecraft was released 17th May 2009 and it still hold a popularity of 75 million players playing monthly.

[​IMG]

Minecraft has been up for around 9 years now and the way it's still able to hold 75 million people playing monthly is amazing.

16. Greg

Greg Experienced Member

Fortnite > Minecraft

17. _Rlxtreme_

_Rlxtreme_ Experienced Member

Based on the fun topic above, all I will say is Minecraft had its moment. Now its fortnite's turn to be the hit of the next few years then slowly die down like other games. No singular game stays the most popular forever.

That brings us to MV. Mineverse "decayed" over several issues, whether it be the in game lag several players were witnessing, or the EULA, or even the toxic part of the community, it "decayed". Just like games, servers do not remain the most popular forever, and MV is a prime example of that.

18. Acceptation

Well I just found something else out and Minecraft is not dying because of fortnite!

Infact most of Minecrafts population is getting scared!

Video proof:

19. Arararagi

Arararagi Kokorowatari

They're both sh*t.

20. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Just to add, the second most bought game in the world is Minecraft. It's only beaten by Tetris, a game that's 34 years old and everyone from children to the elderly have played it.

Hell, Minecraft is so popular 9 years after release we're getting a feature film, distributed by Warner Bros.

Also, remember that Fortnite is free to play. If they had to actually pay $20 to actually get the game then the active users would be much lower. Along with it being F2P and it still being somewhat new their monthly players also take into account the people who download it play one or two games and never log back on, with Minecraft you don't get that since you have to invest money into it.

One last fun fact, Minecraft sold over a million copies after entering the beta phase. This was with NO publisher backing the game and it's only advertising being word of mouth.